Padua Hills Art Fiesta to Celebrate Creativity and Community
The Claremont Lewis Museum of Art will host the 18th Annual Padua Hills Art Fiesta on Sunday, November 6 with an outdoor art show, craft demonstrations, art activities for kids, book sale, film, music, and festive foods. Visitors can shop for unique original artwork as they stroll through the beautiful olive groves of the Padua Hills Theatre. Or sip and savor fine wines and craft beers on the historic balcony overlooking the foothills – NEW THIS YEAR!
Sunday, November 6, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Padua Hills Theatre, 4467 Padua Ave., Claremont. Admission is $5 for adults. CLMA members, students and children under 18 are free. A free shuttle is available from Padua Park.
- Thirty area artists will have original artwork for sale including ceramics, glass, jewelry, paintings, prints, weaving, and woodwork.
- Local art organizations will provide art and craft demonstrations and art books will be for sale.
- A film will be presented by Claremont Heritage.
- Join in Art Activities for kids and families. A Music Stage will feature local performers. Festive foods will be served with traditional Jamaica punch.
- Fine wines and craft beers will be served on the historic balcony overlooking the foothills.
The Padua Hills Art Fiesta originated in 1953 for local artists to bring art into the community. The studio art movement that flourished here in the 1950s centered on the use of natural materials and traditional sensibilities. Visitors came from miles around to meet the artists and watch “art in action” at the popular festival. In 2011, the Claremont Lewis Museum of Art revived this tradition with a new generation of artists sharing their talents. Last year, the popular event welcomed over 1,200 visitors.